COVID-19 update

May 25, 2020

Dear New Village Farm Camp Parents,
Thank you for your patience in awaiting this Summer 2020 update. 

We are currently preparing our spaces and practices to support social distancing. As we finalize these changes, we will be sending out more detailed protocol information. We appreciate your understanding that the many variables in working with children may require several system adjustments as we proceed. We will also be sending a COVID-19 waiver, as well as a Community Health Contract for all campers. 
Staff and campers will be following social distancing guidelines and health measures in order to provide the safest environment possible. We understand that these measures can be taxing on everyone, especially our younger groups. If your child is unable to adhere to Health Department guidelines for a full day, they may be asked to limit their time here to half days.
We hope that New Village Farm will be a joyful and enriching experience for your child this summer. Our mission of fostering joy, competence and belonging through farming remains unchanged during these uncertain times.
We encourage everyone to make the best choice for their family. We  understand that every family has their own individual needs to consider. We will be offering refunds for all campers up to a month before their camp start date.  

Email with camp questions. 

All the best, from our crew to yours.

We’ve included some other resources that have informed our plans:

May 16, 2020

We are currently analyzing the new Vermont State Health Guidance for Childcare. We are integrating all protocols  and procedures into our program to allow for a safe 2020 summer camp season. On May 20th, New Village Farm will be  participating in a dialogue about safety with other local summer camp directors.  We will be contacting all enrolled  families with protocol details no later than Friday, May 22. We are committed to being proactive and transparent regarding our protocols so that you can make an informed choice for your family.

May 5, 2020

Thank you for your patience as we navigate our approach to summer programing. Despite these unfamiliar times, the demands of a working farm in the spring remain consistent. We have been carefully considering different approaches and staying aware of the latest updates and suggestions. 

At this time, it is our intention to proceed with summer programming. We are committed to making your child’s summer camp experience as safe and rich as possible. Because of this, there may be changes to the way our camp usually runs. We are working out the logistics of limiting our group sizes, educating ourselves on the equipment needed for safe interaction, and intend to implement any protocols required by the state or the farm. We believe that with vigilance and mindfulness our vast outdoor setting has the capacity to provide safe experiences during the camp season.

We will be sending out a survey in the coming two weeks, and hope to hear your concerns, suggestions, and insights. Our goal has always been meeting your children’s needs, and we will continue to meet that goal during COVID-19. In addition to our June 1st deadline, we will honor all monetary refunds up until one month before your camp start date. There is an option reallocate some or all of your tuition to a future program or other farm products. Facing the possibility of reduced camp sizes and uncertain circumstances, we appreciate your support. 

Whether or not you chose to send your child to camp this year, know that we think of you all often. We are grateful for your continued support and remain commited to serving you in any way we can.